Supporting your body before and after a few rounds in the ring is essential to any fighter’s MMA journey. Stacking several supplements to stimulate muscle growth, increase energy levels, and sustain recovery can provide you with that extra boost you need during those extra-tough training sessions, allowing you to enhance your performance and achieve your goals faster.
Best Types of Supplements for MMA Fighters
Creatine is a proven powerhouse, with dozens of studies proving its efficacy in amplifying strength and promoting muscle growth. It boosts energy, allowing you to train harder for longer, and also replenishes energy post-training for faster, easier recovery in between sessions. Experienced martial artists and MMA fighters swear by creatine for its ability to help them store and create more ATP—a rapid source of energy that allows them to deliver more powerful punches and kicks.
Similar to whey, casein is a type of protein that releases amino acids into the blood, repairing damaged muscle tissue after a tough training session. In contrast to whey, however, casein is a slow-release protein, meaning that it offers sustained release over a longer period. This longer release helps to enhance your recovery over several hours, supporting your muscles’ reconstruction period.
Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) are a great addition to any combat sports training regime, chiefly for their ability to help muscles recover after a tough session by reducing soreness and enabling you to bounce back quickly. There’s also some evidence that they may reduce body fat and maximize fat loss when trying to lose weight.
Caffeine promotes increased mental alertness and boosts your energy levels. Caffeine also accelerates blood flow to your muscles to transport vital nutrients like amino acids, promoting recovery. It can be used both to enhance your performance in the ring and during training.
Glutamine is an amino acid that provides immune and digestive support. Although glutamine can be produced naturally by your body, research has shown that supplementing with glutamine during times of increased stress—such as after a hard training session or match—can be beneficial in keeping you in tip-top shape.
Recommended Supplements for Bodybuilders
- Cellucor C4 Original. With star ingredients like creatine, beta-alanine, and caffeine, C4 Original is a great option for those who prefer to get multiple benefits in one supplement. It increases energy, intensifies focus, and maximizes power.
- Optimum Nutrition Casein Protein. Optimum Nutrition combines the power of casein with BCAAs for a one-two punch of increased endurance and smoother recovery.
- Allmax Aminocore BCAA. From the experts at Allmax comes a tasty, sugar-free BCAA supplement that offers support for building the lean muscle that’s crucial for martial arts training. It’s also free of common allergens like gluten and soy.
- Mutant Caffeine. With pure, pharmaceutical-grade caffeine, Mutant offers the world’s most popular stimulant in an easy, convenient capsule to boost your mental alertness and energy levels before or during training.
- SS.CA Glutamine. Our SS.ca glutamine supports immune function and digestive health and reduces muscle soreness post-training, all for a price that you can afford.
Build Your Regime with SupplementSource.ca
With all the top supplement brands at unbeatably low prices, SupplementSource.ca is your source for building a supplement regime that supports your MMA journey. Browse our extensive selection of over 2,000 unique products today!