Creatine is a substance that’s needed for supplying energy to cells throughout our body, especially to those parts that need high doses of energy. It’s found naturally in our bodies, especially in muscle cells, where a majority proportion of creatine is stored.
Creatine is carried through the blood to parts of the body like the brain and skeletal muscle that have heavy energy requirements. It can be produced naturally in the human body from the amino acids glycine and arginine and is found in foods such as red meat and fish. Plus it’s commonly consumed in supplement form.
Apart from several other benefits offered by creatine, it also plays a big role in helping muscles produce more energy during high-intensity workout routines. Many athletes and bodybuilders consume creatine in supplement form as it provides fuel to muscles during heavy weight-lifting and other exercises that place huge energy demands on the muscles.
Creatine supplements increase the amount of creatine in your body cells, which leads to multiple benefits, some of which appear below:
- Helps build muscle mass, improves athletic and exercise performance, and boosts strength to allow athletes and bodybuilders to train harder
- Helps athletes and bodybuilders with muscle injuries by preventing further muscle damage and facilitating a speedier recovery
- May help reduce muscle cramping
- Treats problems caused by creatine deficiencies typically in those individuals who cannot metabolize creatine effectively
- May be able treat muscle diseases
- May improve cognitive ability and memory
- May help people with mobility difficulties like those who suffer from multiple sclerosis so that they can exercise
- Research currently underway to study its use in treating Parkinson’s disease and depression
- May help reduce seizures and movement disorders
Types of Creatine Supplements
There are quite a few types of creatine powders or capsule supplements. However, for the benefit of our customers, below we'll discuss three of the most effective and commonly used forms:
Creatine monohydrate offers a wide range of benefits, which explains why it is the most commonly used supplement form. It’s safe, effective, and reasonably priced. Most importantly, it increases strength and exercise performance and typically all the benefits that are associated with creatine.
Over the last few years, Creatine Hydrochloride (Creatine HCl) has become increasingly popular among consumers, as it’s said to be highly water soluble. Its high amount of water solubility means that a low dose of Creatine HCI can be used instead of a high dose of creatine monohydrate, potentially leading to fewer minor side effects like an upset stomach.
Kre-Alkalyn or Buffered Creatine
Kre-Alkalyn is a new creatine supplement form that has become available on the market in recent times. Also called buffered creatine, it’s said to offer even better results than creatine monohydrate since it’s a ‘pure’, ‘buffered’ form of creatine. In addition, it’s said to cause fewer side effects such as bloating, water retention and stomach distress.
SupplementSource.ca offers a broad array of creatine supplements from major reputable brands like EFX Sports, Allmax, and many more! All our products, whether Canadian or American, adhere to the stringent Health Canada regulations that ensure safety, reliability, and a trustworthy ingredient list. So rest assured that all our supplements contain what they say they do on their labels.
Browse our creatine products below and take your pick. Add to cart today and start gaining the benefits!