The best supplements for football enhance your strength, help you build and maintain the lean muscle needed for sprints, kicks, and throws, and boost your endurance for each play. You’ll also find that your recovery is easier, smoother, and faster. Follow along with us to learn more about the best supplements for football, both on and off the field.
Best Types of Supplements for Football Players
- Creatine. It’s one of the most researched supplements for a reason: it really works. It enhances your sprint performance, helps you build lean muscle faster, and can aid in overcoming training plateaus.
- Caffeine. Caffeine’s energy-boosting properties are well-known, and therefore it’s a popular choice among athletes for enhancing performance, both physically and mentally. Some studies have shown that in football, caffeine may be able to increase your agility, as well as the accuracy of your kicks and throws.
- Whey Protein Powder. Protein forms the building blocks of muscle, making it an important player in building and maintaining muscle mass. Whey protein contains all nine essential amino acids needed to help you build muscle and recover post-game. It’s also easily digestible and simple to mix into a tasty pre- or post-game shake.
- Beta-Alanine. As an interval-based sport, football players are asked to exert a lot of energy and power for a short period, then stop, then repeat for 60 minutes of play. As you play, lactic acid builds up in your muscles. Beta-alanine acts as a buffer for this buildup, allowing you to utilize the lactic acid as energy and granting you more power during every play.
- L-Theanine. L-Theanine has calming qualities that offer relaxation without making you drowsy, which is great for recovery between games. It also helps you manage stress, both on the field and off, making you a well-rounded player that effectively handles the high intensity of both the game and training.
Recommended Supplements for Football Players
- Allmax Creatine Monohydrate. Using only micronized, pharmaceutical-grade creatine, Allmax Creatine Monohydrate is the purest, safest creatine powder on the market. Refined to an ultra-fine powder, it’s easy to mix into your favourite protein shake.
- Mutant Caffeine. When you’re looking for straightforward, harmaceutical-grade caffeine, Mutant has the answer in the form of their classic caffeine tablets. Each tablet contains 200mg of pure caffeine to increase your mental acuity and wakefulness, leaving you alert and focused for your next game.
- PVL ISOGOLD. For a premium whey protein powder, check out PVL ISOGOLD—a customer favourite for its naturally-occurring BCAAs, 27g of protein per serving, and four delicious flavours to choose from.
- Allmax Beta-Alanine. Allmax uses an exclusive hyper-micronization process to produce this 100% pure form of beta-alanine to increase strength and power, boost your endurance, and help you put your best foot forward when training.
- Nutridom L-Theanine. Derived from soothing green tea leaves, this supplement promotes relaxation without drowsiness, allowing you to recover more quickly between games and hard training sessions.