Best Plant-Based Protein Powder
Having enough protein in your diet is important for everyone. However, when you are all about achieving your fitness goals, looking to lose weight, or looking for additional ways to support your overall health, protein is absolutely necessary. For those eating solely a plant-based or vegan diet, we have compiled information about the best types of plant-based protein powders as well as our recommended products.
Whey Protein vs Plant Based Protein Powder
Whey and plant-based protein powders differ primarily in the sources from which they are derived. Whey protein comes from whey, which is a byproduct that occurs when making cheese. Therefore, whey protein comes from milk. By contrast, plant-based protein powders are made by extracting the proteins from different types of plants. Some of the most common sources of plant-based protein include brown rice, peas, hemp, and soy.
Both whey and plant-based protein powders offer great amounts of protein and can both be good options for those looking to increase their intake. However, individuals following a vegan diet or those who prefer to keep lactose out of their diets are better suited to a plant-based protein option.
Benefits of Plant-Based Protein
Plant-based protein powders offer a range of benefits. Not only do these protein sources work for people who stick to vegan nutritional intake, but the products also offer other advantages. For example, because the products are plant-based, this can mean lower fat and calorie counts. This can be especially attractive for people who are taking in protein in an effort to lose weight. Plus, the addition of other plants makes these products good for adding other nutrients to your diet, including some hard-to-get vitamins and minerals the body needs.
Common Types of Plant-Based Protein Powder
With so many plants having a naturally high protein content, there are many plant-based protein options to choose from. Depending on your needs or preferences, some products are made with a single source of plant protein, while others will be formulated with a combination of proteins from different types of plants. The most common types of plant-based protein powder include:
- Sachi Inchi
- Blue-Green Algae
Recommended Plant-Based Protein Powders
When it comes to plant-based protein powder, the quality of the products means a great deal. Here are some protein powders we recommend:
- Beyond Yourself Vegan Plant-Based Protein - 100% vegan, gluten-free formula derived from pea and rice protein with added MCT oil for healthy fats
- PharmaFreak Vegan Freak - Hybrid vegan protein supplement with hemp, pea, and sacha inchi protein and added ingredients for nutritional support
- Iron Vegan Athlete’s Gainer - Non-GMO protein derived from brown rice and fermented peas with added plants oils, sea veggies, and more
- North Coast Naturals Boosted Vegan All-In-One - All-in-one formula for protein and nutrients made from a whole food blend of 39 fruits, veggies, probiotics, and more
- Progressive Vegessential All-In-One - Protein and vitamin source made from pea, rice, hemp, and cranberry with added ingredients to deliver multiple other nutrients
Shop Plant-Based Protein Powder at SupplementSource.ca
Need a little plant-based protein powder in your life to support your health and fitness goals? Look no further—SupplementSource.ca has you covered with the top-quality plant-derived protein powders in a long list of delicious flavours. Be sure to check out our full collection to find the product that works best for your fitness goals.