What is a supplement stack, and how do you create one that’s effective for you? With such a wide selection of supplements on the market, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and stick to one tried-and-true product. However, you may not be reaping the full benefits that you could enjoy from taking several supplements together (“stacking”). Stacking supplements strategically allows you to take advantage of the benefits of each.
What is a Supplement Stack?
A supplement stack is a group of supplements that complement one another and work together to enhance your performance. They may help you to achieve your goals quicker than you would alone by improving your endurance, energy levels, and recovery. There are a variety of stacks for pre-workout, intra-workout, and post-workout enhancement, all designed to give you the boost you need.
Benefits of Stacking Supplements
The obvious benefit of stacking supplements is that you’ll experience a wider range of enhancements. Different ingredients offer different benefits, and by stacking supplements, you reap the rewards of many beneficial nutrients instead of just a few.
Stacking supplements may help you meet your nutritional needs more easily and may boost your immune system. It can also improve your strength levels when exercising, improve your recovery time between workouts, and can help increase protein synthesis (which is essential for muscle building).
As always with major changes in diet or exercise, it’s a good idea to consult your physician to ensure that you’re making the choices that are right for you.
Sample Supplement Stacks Based on Goals
Supplement Stacks for Weight Loss
- CLAs - CLA stands for Conjugated Linoleic Acid—a type of omega-6 fatty acid that has been demonstrated to boost your metabolism, improve muscle growth, and reduce cholesterol.
- L-Carnitine - This is a chemical made in our brains, livers, and kidneys that helps our bodies turn fat into energy.
- Fat burners - Formulas that contain ingredients such as caffeine, yohimbe, and synephrine are generally fat burners. They work by increasing your metabolic drive, increasing your energy output when exercising, and helping you convert stored fat into energy.
Supplement Stacks for Muscle Growth
- BCAAs - Containing leucine, isoleucine, and valine, these supplements help improve growth hormone levels, stimulating muscle growth. They’re easy to add to sports drinks and protein shakes for that extra boost.
- Creatine - It’s the classic muscle-building supplement for a reason: it really works. Creatine is a combination of three amino acids and enhances athletic performance as well as building muscle by stimulating protein synthesis.
- Whey Protein - Rich in amino acids, whey protein is a popular choice because it helps repair muscle tissue, speeding up your recovery on rest days.
Reach Your Goals Faster with SupplementSource.ca
With so many supplement products to choose from, SupplementSource.ca has everything you need for the ultimate supplement stack to meet your needs! No matter your goals, we have something for you, and our supplement specialists are happy to lend a hand when you need expert advice. Check out our wide selection today and experience the incredible difference that the right supplements can make on your journey to wellness!